Webinar: Proactive Management of Fraud Risks
This webinar provides an overview about the nature of fraud and current trends including cybercrime. Using a simple 4 step process, learn how: • your clients or organization can take steps to protect themselves from fraud • you can help to deter your clients or senior management from ...
On demand, 1 hour(s)
4.54 (138)Register Now
This webinar provides an overview about the nature of fraud and current trends including cybercrime.
Using a simple 4 step process, learn how:
- your clients or organization can take steps to protect themselves from fraud
- you can help to deter your clients or senior management from committing fraud
- to identify possible fraud scenarios
This webinar is available on-demand and can be watched at your convenience.
Complete the assessment with a passing grade to obtain your CPD certificate.
This forum is for questions specifically related to the Webinar: Proactive Management of Fraud Risks.
About the Instructor(s)
Stuart Hartley is the founder and president of FocusROI Inc., a specialized consulting firm that provides business writing, training, advisory services and quality control monitoring.
Stuart is a chartered accountant in the United Kingdom and a chartered professional accountant in Canada, and he has also worked in the United States. Prior to creating FocusROI, he was a senior audit partner at BDO. During that time, he was the national director of accounting and auditing and a member of CPA Canada's Auditing Standards Committee. He helped develop BDO's international audit methodology and has trained extensively on auditing practice and CaseWare implementation around the world. Before BDO, he spent two years on executive interchange with the office of the Auditor General of Canada, where he developed methodology for performing value-for-money assignments and performed comprehensive audits.
Stuart is the primary author of the Professional Engagement Guide (PEG) which is published annually by CPA Canada. Before that he authored the Canadian Professional Engagement Manual (C-PEM) and the Professional Engagement Manual (PEM) for over 20 years. In addition, Stuart is the author of:
- the Quality Assurance Manual (QAM), published by CPA Canada.
- the Guide to Using International Standards on Auditing in the Audits of Small- and Medium-Sized Entities; published by the International Federation of Accountants
- the Guide to Review Engagements, published by the International Federation of Accountants.
- a Risk Management Primer for Directors of Not-for-Profit Organizations and the Risk Management Toolkit for Not-for-Profit Executives, both published by the Canadian Society of Association Executives.
Stuart also publishes articles and is a popular instructor of professional training courses.