Pragmatic Excel - Budget Spreadsheets
Step by step, Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA, demonstrates how to create resilient and easy-to-maintain budget spreadsheets in this presentation. Among other techniques, David shows you how to separate inputs from calculations, build out a separate calculations spreadsheet, create both an ...
On demand, 2 hour(s)
Who would be interested in this course:
Practitioners seeking to build budget spreadsheets that can be updated effortlessly and contain easy-to-follow supporting calculations.
• Crafting formulas to compute gross margins, projected sales, commissions, and related amounts.
• Preserving key formulas using hide and protect features.
• Understanding why it’s worthwhile to build out supporting schedules to break down calculations used in budgets.
• Using range names to streamline formulas and bookmark key inputs within a workbook.
• Avoiding the complexity of nested IF statements with Excel’s CHOOSE function.
• Building formulas faster by way of the Use in Formula command.
• Building operating budgets quickly based on detailed supporting schedules that provide an audit trail.
• Mastering the IFERROR function to display alternate values in lieu of a # sign error.
• Understanding the use of the MONTH function to return the month portion of a date or month name.
• Employing the SUMIF function to sum values related to multiple instances of criteria you specify.
• Using the SUMIF function to summarize data based on a single criterion.
• State which character signifies an absolute reference within a formula.
• State which tab within the Format Cells dialog box contains the Hidden checkbox.
• Identify the data integrity improvement that the Table feature adds to VLOOKUP.
Previous Experience with Excel Spreadsheets