Pragmatic Excel - Six Ways to Sum
In this comprehensive course, Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA, explains six worksheet functions that can be used to sum data in Excel: SUM, SUBTOTAL, AGGREGATE, SUMIF, SUMIFS, and SUMPRODUCT. David covers the pros, cons, and limitations of each type of worksheet function suggests uses for ...
On demand, 2 hour(s)
Who Would Be Interested in This Course:
Practitioners seeking to understand Excel functions that can be used to sum data.
• Discovering the capabilities of the SUMPRODUCT function.
• Comparing the AGGREGATE function in Excel 2010 and later to the SUBTOTAL function available in all versions of Excel.
• Inserting totals into lists with a few mouse clicks by way of Excel’s SUBTOTAL function.
• Verifying sums and totals quickly by simply selecting cells with your mouse.
• Learning a simple design technique that greatly improves the integrity of Excel’s SUM function.
• Using a wildcard character with SUMIF to summarize data based on a partial match.
• Summing disparate sections of a spreadsheet quickly with the SUBTOTAL function.
• Using the SUMIFS function to sum values based on multiple criteria.
• Using the SUMIF function to summarize data based on a single criterion.
• Using Excel’s OFFSET function to dynamically reference data from one or more accounting periods.
Identify how to use the SUBTOTAL function to streamline summing multiple areas of a spreadsheet.
Recall how to quickly verify sums and totals using only your mouse.
Define how to use the SUMIFS function to sum values based on multiple criteria.
Some Experience with the SUM Function