Assurance: 2018 Accounting and Assurance Update
Join us to learn about the changes made in the accounting and assurance standards. These are changes that have been effective or issued in 2018.
Accounting Standards for Private Enterprises
Accounting Standards for Not-for-Profit Organizations
Canadian Auditing Standards
On demand, 1.5 hour(s)
Some big changes are coming!
- Be prepared for the new auditor reporting requirements including the changes to the audit requirements and the auditors report.
- Upcoming changes to ASPE on the financial instrument project which deals with preferred shares issued in a tax planning arrangement.
- ASNPO has 3 new standards which are coming into effect in 2019.
- The new compliance reporting standards are discussed which come into effect for reports dated on or after April 1, 2019.
- Find out about the exposure draft on compilation standards.
About the Instructor(s)
Jennifer McCann is the vice-president of FocusROI Inc. and CEO of FocusCPD Inc. With over 20 years of experience, Jennifer assists accounting firms with the effective and efficient application of accounting and assurance standards, the maintenance of quality control systems, and the creation and development of relevant training programs.
Prior to joining FocusROI, Jennifer was a senior manager at EY, working in the private mid-market practice of the National Professional Practice Group. There she consulted partners and staff on various accounting and assurance matters, performed quality reviews, and delivered partner and staff training. She has held senior management positions at other mid-sized and national accounting firms where, in addition to managing client engagements, she developed audit templates, programmed audit automation software, led the staff training initiatives and performed quality control procedures.
Jennifer is currently serving as a member of the International Auditing and Assurance Standards Board (IAASB) Data Analytics Project Advisory Panel and is also an active program instructor for the Chartered Professional Accountants of Ontario.